Teen Lives/ Thinking about Future in The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler

I have currently been reading my first SSR book in Ms. Engel’s class. So far I like the book. I connect with these teenagers thinking about their futures like: looking for colleges, dating and finding the one to marry, and going on social media especially Facebook. The teenagers in this book see a website of Emma, a future Emma and this web page is most accurate. I pay more attention to the teens choosing and finding who they want to date and what college they finally get accepted to attend.

An example from the text is a list, “Emma’s Top College Choices

1. Tampa State
  2. University of North Carolina at Wilmington

University of California at San Diego ” (page 129).

I think Emma is in a pretty good spot. Right now, I’m undecided of what colleges I want to. There are so many choices, but not a lot to know which one I would prefer specifically for me. Some colleges are too far or too close, to common or too hard too get into. I want to attend a college I want to be able to call home and I’ll be very satisfied to be and learn from.

This text stood out to me the most,” Come to think of it,any person who was impacted by their relationship, even in the slightest way, will be twisted in countless new direction,” (page 132). I had to read this a few times to understand what this meant, but I think the narrator, Josh(one of main characters) meant relationships impact different paths or different perspectives to others.

One thought on “Teen Lives/ Thinking about Future in The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler